Accommodation Agreement of Kawagoe Dai-Ichi Hotel
Scope of Application
1. Contracts for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Any particulars not provided herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted
practices the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstandes:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and there is no vacancy.
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order or good morals in regards to his/her accommodation.
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
(5) When the Hotel and/or hotel staff are violently threatened or unreasonably burdened by the Guest.
(6) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
(7) When the person requesting Hotel accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when the person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
Application for Accommodation Contract
A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
(1) Address, name, sex, nationality and occupation of the Guest.
(2) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit
set by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date
specified by the Hotel.
2. The deposit shall be used for cancellation charges under Article 5. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded.
Cancel Application for Accommodation Contracts
If the guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the following article. However when part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is canceled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for persons in the booking equivalent to 10% (with fractions rounded up) of the total number of persons if cancellation is made 10 days prior to occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date).
Rull of Cancellation Charge for Hotel
(1) Individual Guest
a. Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed 1 day prior to accommodation day – 20% of the basic Accommodation Charges for the first day.
b. Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed on the day of accommodation day – 100% of the basic Accommodation Charges for the first day.
(2) A group of Guests
a. Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed from 15 days to 1 month prior to accommodation day – 10% of the basic Accommodation Charges for the first day per guest.
b. Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed from 2 days to 14 days prior to accommodation day – 20% of the basic Accommodation Charges for the first day per guest.
c. Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed 1 day prior to accommodation day – 50% of the basic Accommodation Charges for the first day per guest.
d. Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed on the day of accommodation day – 100% of the basic Accommodation Charges for the first day per guest.
e. If the Guest does not appear on the accommodation date without advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest as
prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
f. If the Cancellation of Contract is expected on the date of accommodation day in accordance with the results of the games, the Hotel shall set the time limit etc. separately
2 If the Guest does not appear by 9:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without advance notice (1 hour after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified), the Hotel
may regards the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
3 In case of the prior rule is applied, the reason of the Guest’s not appearing is proven to be the delay or cancellation of the train, airplane, or any other public transportaion, or the
reasons not attributable to the responsibility of the Guest, the Hotel shall not charge the Cancellation fee.
The Hotel may cancell the Accommodation Contract under the following cases
(1) in case the paragraph 3 to 7 of the Article 2. is applied.
(2) in case the paragraph 1 of the Article 3. is not notified to the Hotel by the due date.
(3) in case the paragraph 1 of the Article 4. is not paid.
2 In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall refund the remaining deposit if any.
The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation
(1) refer to paragraph 1 of Article 3.
(2) in case the Guest does not reside within Japan – passport number, port and date of entry in Japan
(3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
1. The Guest is permitted to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel till 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the guest room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph,
In this case, extra charges shall apply as follows;
(1) up to 1:00 p.m. ———- 30 % of the room charge
(2) up to 3:00 p.m. ——— 50% of the room charge
(3) up to after 3:00 p.m. —- 100% of the room charge
Payment of Accommodation Charges
The Accommodation Charges shall be paid at the Front Desk of the Hotel at the time of Registration in Japanese currency, traveler’s cheques, coupons or by credit cards.
The Hotel is not accepting personal cheques.
2. The Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him/her by the hotel.
In the hotel’s building and premises, guests are required to observe the rules that the hotel stipulates and indicates within the hotel.
Rejection of Continued Accommodation
The Hotel may be forced to reject further stay in the guest room, even during the previously accepted period, under the following circumstances:
(1) When the Guest correspounds to any of the items listed in paragraph 3 to 7 in Article 2.
(2) When the Guest does not comply with the usage rules prescribed in the preceding articles.
Responsibility for Accommodation
The responsibility of the hotel concerning accomodation shall start from the time when the Guest is registered at the front desk or when he or she enters his or her room,
whichever comes first, and shall terminate at the time when he or she leaves his or her room to depart.
2 If it happens that the guests can no longer be accommodated due to reasons for which this Hotel is responsible, then the Hotel will arrange for the guests to secure accommodations
at another hotel or with facilities of the same or similar standards. In that case, there will be no charge to the guests for the accommodation at the hotel on and after that day of move.
This does not apply, though, to natural calamities and other causes that make accommodations difficult also at other hotels.